Private ice rentals are ideal for groups who want the ice to themselves. Rentals can be used for ice skating events, birthday parties, nonprofit fundraisers, hockey team practices or team-building activities.
Ice is generally only available late evenings and weekdays during the busy season (November–March), with greater availability during the fall and spring.
Ice is rented by the hour (see rates below) and includes:
- 15-minute ice cut prior to session
- Two locker rooms
- Nets (for hockey programs) or skate aids (walkers)
Ice rental does not include:
- Skate rentals (available for $2 per pair)
- Skate guard (available for $15 per hour)
Large events (events spanning more than 3 hours or with 100 people in attendance) will be charged a $50 special event fee to cover cleaning costs.
2019-2020 Rental Rates
Fall (August 25-October 31)
Winter (November 1-March 29)
$225 per hour
Spring (March 30-May 22)
Summer (May 23-June 21)
Rental fee includes a $5 capital improvement fund fee that goes towards future rink capital projects.
Weekdays (events starting between 9 am – 3 pm)
$180/hour (fall/winter); $165/hour (spring/summer)
Late night (events starting 10 pm or later)
$195/hour (fall/winter); $175/hour (spring/summer)
$170/hour (weekdays before 3 pm) and $1 skate rentals
Evening/weekend rates depend on the season/day/time. Contact us for details.
Look for “discounted ice” on the schedule for last-minute savings on open ice times.
How to Rent
- Look at the schedule below for available rental times (not all weekday times are listed)
- Contact us to confirm availability.
- We’ll respond and confirm your request
- You can either pay in the skate shop when you arrive or pay by credit card over the phone.
Please note – all private ice rentals are subject to Glacier Ice Rink’s code of conduct. Groups are responsible for their participants’ adherence to these rules. Glacier Ice Rink is not responsible for injuries sustained during private rentals.
For more information on rentals or to check availability, please contact Laura Henning at firstname.lastname@example.org or 406-728-0316 x 1.