Glacier Hockey League Winter Season
The Glacier Hockey League (GHL) winter season has nine divisions to accommodate players of varying skill levels. Players register individually and will be placed on a team through one of the following ways:
- Captain-submitted roster: Captains may submit a full roster of players. However, spots are not guaranteed unless players are registered and paid in full. Roster spots will not be held for non-registered players.
- Captain’s draft: Players not on a designated roster will be placed in a pre-season draft. We will make every effort to accommodate player/team requests where space allows. Players registering after the draft will be placed where there is room.
Team jerseys are provided for the winter season, which players may keep at the end of the season.
Divisions & Nights
- Cup | Highly-advanced players with pro, college or junior hockey experience | Wednesdays (maximum of 6 teams)
- Advanced | Advanced-level players with junior or high school experience | Mondays (maximum of 6 teams)
- Competitive | Upper intermediate-level players with limited youth hockey experience | Sundays (maximum of 12 teams)
- Intermediate | Intermediate-level players with limited adult hockey experience – Tuesdays & 1 Friday game/week (maximum of 16 teams)
- Novice | Lower-intermediate players with minimal adult hockey experience No slap shots | Sundays (maximum of 14 teams)
- Hang Loose A | Players 35 and older of Cup/Advanced/Competitive level | Thursdays (maximum of 6 teams)
- Hang Loose B | Players 35 and older of Intermediate level. | Thursdays (maximum of 8 teams). Division is full. Wait list registration is available.
- Hang Loose C | Players 35 and older of Novice and Intermediate level, or those looking for a more laid-back division (no slap shots) | Mondays (maximum of 6 teams). Division is full. Wait list registration is available.
- Women’s | Women’s-Only Division | Wednesdays (maximum of 6 teams)
Nights and divisions are subject to change, based on registration numbers. Each team must have a minimum of 12 players.
Winter league begins November 4 and runs 14 weeks through February, with single-elimination playoffs beginning in March. Finals in each division will be a best of three series. There is a two-week break over the holidays (December 24-January 3).
Players: $240.00 until October 20th | $290.00 after October 20th
All players must register with USA Hockey to play in the GHL. The cost for one year is $50.00.
Register online or in-person at the skate shop. Online registration will be unavailable on October 30 and will reopen at 8am on October 31.
See our Financial Policies for information on registration refunds.
Please see our GHL player handbook for complete information about the winter season rules and policies.
Scott Noble, Adult Hockey Director | 406-728-0316 x3 or email email@example.com