Missoula Spring Thaw
April 22-24, 2022
The Missoula Spring Thaw is an ADULT CO-REC tournament geared toward novice and intermediate players, with a maximum of 2 higher level (A / B) “marquee players” permitted on the roster. The focus of this event is less on competition and more on development, inclusion, fun, and connecting adult hockey players from the Northwest. There are few goofy rules to keep things interesting and entertaining, as well.
Spring is a wonderful time to visit Missoula. Hockey aside, recreation opportunities are endless. Pre-runoff river levels and Spring hatches on the Clarkfork, Bitterroot, Rock Creek, and Blackfoot provide excellent fly-fishing opportunities. If you like walking around and hitting a ball with a crooked stick, many local golf courses are open with discounted greens fees. Other notable activities include hiking, biking, rafting, or simply strolling the downtown area to take in our local bars, breweries, restaurants, and retail shops.
Novice / Intermediate Co-Rec – Even balance of male and female Novice, Intermediate, and over 35 players.
Tournament is limited to 8 teams and divisions may change depending on registration numbers.
- All players must be 18 or older and have a current 2021-22 or 2023 USA Hockey confirmation number
- Teams are guaranteed four games
- Championship game for the top two teams in each division – prizes to the winners
- Games are three 17-minute run time periods, with a 3-minute warm up
- All divisions are no check, slap shots are allowed. USA Hockey rules apply
- Games start Friday and early Sunday afternoon. Every effort will be made to accommodate out-of-town travel when arranging the schedule
- Additional rules will be provided after registration
$700 (US dollars). $350 non-refundable deposit due with registration.
Online registration opens February 15, 2022.
Register online through our Dash Platform system.
Register online by October 22, using the links below.
Ryan Geiges, Adult Hockey Director