With growing concerns about the coronavirus (COVID-19), Glacier Ice Rink is closely monitoring the situation to ensure we take appropriate action to keep our patrons and staff safe.
As a precautionary measure, our youth hockey program and two of our stakeholder groups have cancelled upcoming events. These are difficult decisions that impact a number of people, so the cancellations have not been taken lightly. As of March 14, these cancellations include:
- Montgomery Memorial tournament, scheduled for March 13-15
- Bantam house tournament, scheduled for March 27-29
- Missoula Figure Skating Club’s Glacier Challenge, scheduled for March 19-21
- Missoula Curling Club’s Big Sky Bonspiel, scheduled for April 3-5. The Curling Club has also suspended the remainder of their winter curling league and cancelled their spring league
At this time, all other rink programming, including public skates, will take place as scheduled.
- Stay home if you have a cold or flu-like symptoms
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth or nose with unwashed hands
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue that’s immediately tossed in the trash
- Avoid close contact with anyone who is sick
- Do not share water bottles on the bench
- Do not spit on players’ benches or in public use areas
- Hockey players should keep their gloves on in the handshake line and fist bump the other team and officials.
In addition to our established custodial routines, our staff is routinely wiping down high-touch common areas (door handles, counter tops, ATM, rental skates and helmets, etc.) and ensuring that bathroom soap dispensers remain stocked at all times.
Based on guidelines and announcements from the Missoula City-County Health Department, we will make further schedule changes and/or cancellations we feel are necessary to maintain the health and safety of our patrons. Should this happen, we will post information to our website and social media pages as quickly as possible.
Thank you for your understanding as we continue to work through this rapidly-evolving situation.