10th (and FINAL) Community Cup Hockey Benefit
November 26-28, 2021
The Community Cup is an adult tournament that raises funds for the Foundation for Community Health, Glacier Ice Rink and other community health priorities. This year’s event will raise money for the Ronald McDonald House and for adult patients in the on-site Jane S. Heman Lodging suites.
This is the final year for the tournament as the good doctor Tim Richards, who has spearheaded the event from the beginning, is reclaiming the holiday weekend to spend time with family. The spirit of the tournament is fun, so teams must commit to following the information and the team composition (Ty Robinson) rules below. There will also be beer for sale throughout the weekend and the infamous Chuck-a-Puck on Saturday night for prizes.
- All players must be 18 or older and have current USA Hockey numbers
- Teams are guaranteed four games
- Championship game for the top two teams in each division
- Games are three 17-minute run time periods, with a 3-minute warm up
- All divisions are no check and slap shots are NOT allowed.
- If a team is ahead by two points, the goalie must play without a stick.
- The blue puck can be called for by a team once per game. If a team scores with the blue puck, it is worth two points.
- Games start Friday and end early Sunday afternoon.
Ty Robinson’s Rules
Each team must be comprised of the following:
- No more than TWO Cup/Advanced players (designated by colored tape on helmets)
- Novice/Intermediate-level goalie
A minimum of:
- Two Intermediate-level players
- Two Novice-level players
- Two women
- Two players over 50 years of age
- One medical/dental personnel (must be in health industry)
- Additional players can be a mix of levels, as long as they aren’t advanced skaters.
A player can only fulfull one requirement – e.g., if the player is a Cup player and a doctor, he may only fulfill the Cup role. Cup/Advanced players will fulfill that role first.
$700 (US dollars). $350 non-refundable deposit due with registration.
Register your team online by November 20 using our Dash Platform. All players MUST have a USA Hockey number.
Players without a team may email Ryan Geiges to be placed on a team as needed.
Ryan Geiges, Adult Hockey Director
2020 – (not held)
2019 – Glacier Ice Rink ChapeRONs
2018 – Glacier Ice Rink ChapeRONs
2017 – Glacier Ice Rink ChapeRONs
2016 – Turkeys on Ice
2015 – Press Box Beavers
2014 – Raghorns
2013 – Penn’s Phenoms
2012 – Gillys
2011 – Tryptophanatics