Adult Skills and Scrimmage - November 1-3, 2016
Skills and Scrimmage is open to any adult player looking to increase his/her individual skill set and overall ice hockey knowledge. This program is instructed by certified USA Hockey coaches and features:
One hour and fifteen minutes of on-ice instruction. The first half of each session will focus on individual skill development, including power-skating, stickhandling, passing and shooting. Presented will be a series of fun and engaging drills and small area games emphasizing these hockey basics.
The second half will be a full scrimmage with bench coaches who will illustrate situational and strategic concepts and field questions. Points of emphasis include proper positioning and spatial awareness, face-off procedure and strategy, defensive zone coverage and break outs, power plays and penalty killing, offensive zone puck possession and control, back checking and forchecking, and much more.
- DATES: November 1st through November 3rd
- TIME: 8 pm to 9:15 pm
- CAPACITY: Program will be capped at 30 skaters and 4 goaltenders
- COST: $90 for skaters; $45 for goaltenders
- PARTICIPANTS: Must be 18+ years of age and have a current 2016-17 USA Hockey number.
- EQUIPMENT: Players are expected to have a full set of protective gear. Skates and goalie equipment will be available at the rink if needed.
Registration is only available online.