2023-2024 Tier II Program
The Royals are a development program whose goal is to provide regional players the opportunity to play high-level hockey each weekend. Players will live at home and attend school in their local communities, and on weekends attend development team sessions at Glacier Ice Rink or high-level tournaments and league games.
This program is approved by the Montana Amateur Hockey Association.
Informational Zoom Call – Monday, March 27th, 7 pm
- Zoom link: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/87210675076
- Head Coach: Marcus Baxter. A native of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Marcus has an extensive background in both playing and coaching hockey at a high level. Marcus was the Head Coach of the junior hockey team in Missoula for 9 years and was instrumental in the development and advancement of numerous players to the collegiate level. Most recently, Marcus was the head coach of the Wenatchee Wild 14U Tier I development program for two seasons and has been the head coach for the Royals since 2021.
Practice and Game Structure
- This is a full-time team that will play throughout the winter season.
- (12-15) Development weekends hosted at Glacier Ice Rink in Missoula, MT
- 5-6 hours of on-ice instruction on weekends
- 2 hours of off-ice instruction, including film and chalk talks
- The first development weekend will begin after Labor Day
- Approximately (8) tournament and league game weekends
- *New* for 2023-2024 season, Royals will compete in the West Kootenay League which will include 12 league games, all within driving distance.
- Additional state and national tournament opportunities.
- $4000-4500 (pricing range based on # of players selected, payment plans are available)
- Includes all ice time at Glacier Ice Rink, tournament fees, apparel, uniforms, coaching expenses, video review software, and other team expenses.
This program is administered by the Missoula Area Youth Hockey Association (MAYHA) and will be subject to the MAYHA Guidebook and codes of conduct.
- Registration for the tryout is open to Montana players born in 2009 or 2010 (14U).
- Tryout: April 29-30 at Glacier Ice Rink
- Cost: $100
- Register online through our registration website. Registration opens on March 13th.
Players will need a current USA Hockey number to register.
Every registration fee includes a $5 capital improvement fund fee that goes towards future rink capital projects.
See our Financial Policies for information on registration refunds.
Marcus Baxter, Head Coach
Grace Hoene, Youth Hockey Director