2022-2023 Tier II Program
Following a successful 21-22 inaugural season with a 14U team, we are excited to announce the expansion of our Teasure State Royals program for the 2022-2023 season. This year, the Royals will include both 14U and 16U AA teams. The Royals are a development program whose goal is to provide regional players the opportunity to play high-level hockey each weekend. Players will live at home and attend school in their local communities, and on weekends attend development team sessions at Glacier Ice Rink or high-level tournaments elsewhere.
These programs were approved by *USA Hockey and the Montana Amateur Hockey Association on March 9, 2022.
- Head Coach: Marcus Baxter. A native of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Marcus has an extensive background in both playing and coaching hockey at a high level. Marcus was the Head Coach of the junior hockey team in Missoula for 9 years and was instrumental in the development and advancement of numerous players to the collegiate level. Most recently, Marcus was the head coach of the Wenatchee Wild 14U Tier I development program for two seasons and was the head coach for the Royals in their inaugural season.
- Assistant Coach: Jordan Chase. Jordan grew up playing Tier 1 AAA hockey in Colorado. Following youth hockey, Jordan joined the Bates College Men’s Ice Hockey Team (ACHA) in Lewiston, Maine, where he was selected as the captain his senior year. In addition to his playing experience, Jordan has an extensive background in coaching, having coached 8U and 10U both in Colorado and in Montana and most recently served as an assistant coach for the 14U Treasure State Royals in its inaugural year.
Practice and Game Structure
- (12-15) Development weekends hosted at Glacier Ice Rink in Missoula, MT
- 5-6 hours of on-ice instruction weekend
- 2 hours of off-ice instruction, including film and chalk talks
- The first development weekend will begin after Labor Day
- Approximately eight tournament and game weekends
- Additional state, district, and national tournament opportunities
- This is a full-time team that will play throughout the winter season.
- $5000 (payment plans are available)
- Includes all ice time at Glacier Ice Rink, tournament fees, apparel, uniforms, coaching expenses, video review software, and other team expenses.
This program is administered by the Missoula Area Youth Hockey Association (MAYHA) and will be subject to the MAYHA Guidebook and codes of conduct.
- Registration for the tryout is open to Montana players born in 2008 or 2009 (14U), and 2007 or 2006 (16U).
- Tryout: April 29-May 1, 2022 at Glacier Ice Rink
- Cost: $155
- Register online through our registration website. Registration opens on March 7th.
Players will need a current USA Hockey number to register for either tryout.
Every registration fee includes a $5 capital improvement fund fee that goes towards future rink capital projects.
See our Financial Policies for information on registration refunds.
Marcus Baxter, Head Coach
Grace Hoene, Youth Hockey Director