Treasure State Royals 14U Tier II Hockey 2021-2022
We are excited to announce the inaugural season of the Treasure State Royals 14U AA program. This is a development program whose goal is to provide regional players the opportunity to play high-level hockey each weekend. Players will live at home and attend school in their local communities. On weekends, they will attend development team sessions at Glacier Ice Rink or participate in Tier II level tournaments. This program is registered with USA Hockey and approved by the Montana Amateur Hockey Association High Performance Committee.
- Head Coach: Marcus Baxter
- Bio: A native of Pittsburgh Pennsylvania, Marcus has an extensive background both playing and coaching hockey at a high level. Marcus was the Head Coach of the junior hockey team in Missoula for 9 years, and was instrumental in the development and advancement of numerous players to the collegiate level. For the past 2 seasons, Marcus has been the Head Coach of the Wenatchee Wild 14U Tier I development program.
- Assistant Coach: TBD, taking applications
Practice and Game Structure
- (12-15) Development weekends hosted at Glacier Ice Rink in Missoula, MT
- On ice: 5-6 hours each weekend
- Off-ice including film and chalk talks: 2 hours
- Approximately (8) tournament and game weekends
- Additional state, district, and national tournament opportunities
- This is a full-time team that will play throughout the winter season.
- $5,500 for the 21-22 season (payment plans are available)
- Includes all ice time at Glacier Ice Rink, tournament fees, apparel, uniforms, coaching expenses, and other team support.
This program is administered by the Missoula Area Youth Hockey Association (MAYHA) and will be subject to the MAYHA Guidebook and codes of conduct.
Players will need a 2020-2021 or 2021-2022 USA Hockey number to register for the April 2021 tryout. Registration for the tryout is open to Montana players with 2007 or 2008 birth years. Additional tryouts will be scheduled as needed later in the spring and summer. The final roster will consist of 17 skaters and 2 goalies.
Initial tryout: April 23-25, 2021 at Glacier Ice Rink
Team 1 – 5:00-5:45 pm
Team 2 – 6-6:45 pm
6:45-8:30 am – all players
9 am parent meeting
3-4:15 pm – all players
7-8:45 am – all players
Register online through our registration website.
Every registration fee includes a $5 capital improvement fund fee that goes towards future rink capital projects.
See our Financial Policies for information on registration refunds.
Marcus Baxter, Head Coach
Grace Hoene, Youth Hockey Director