Proceeds benefit the Foundation for Community Health and Glacier Ice Rink’s Sled Hockey program
- Mixed divisions following Ty Robinson’s rules (see below)
- Teams are guaranteed four games
- Championship game for the top two teams with prizes to the winners
- Games will be 3-16 minute run time periods, with 3-minute warm up.
- This is a no check, no slap shot tournament, and USA Adult Hockey rules apply.
- Games start at 11a.m. or noon Friday and are expected to conclude by 5 pm Sunday or earlier. Every effort will be made to accommodate out of town travel when arranging the schedule.
Ty Robinson’s Rules
Teams must be comprised of:
- Up to two Cup/Advanced-level players
- Two Intermediate-level players
- Two Novice-level players
- Two women
- Two players over 50 years’ old
- One medical/dental personnel (must be in health industry)
- Additional players can be a mix of other levels as long as they aren’t Cup/Advanced
1. A player can only fulfill one requirement – e.g., if the player is a Cup player and a doctor, he must be the Cup player and the team still needs one medical/dental personnel. Cup/Advanced players fulfill that role first – a female Advanced player fulfills the Advanced role, not the woman requirement.
2. Each Cup player is only allowed to score once per game.
3. If a team is ahead by 3 points, the goalie must play without his/her stick
4. The blue puck can be called for by a team once a game. When the blue puck is in play, it is worth 2 points. Each team is allowed to call for the blue puck during a game stop. The puck stays in play for 3 minutes or until a score is made.
5. Penalties follow standard rules.
6. No slap shots
$600 (US dollars). $200 deposit due with registration form.
Return a completed registration form and deposit by November 20 to: Glacier Ice Rink, Attn: Community Cup Benefit, PO Box 87, Missoula MT 59806.
Contact Ryan Geiges, Adult Hockey Director, at 406-552-2549 with questions.
2016: Turkeys on Ice
2015: Press Box Beavers