Glacier Ice Rink, located on the Missoula County Fairgrounds, has provided hockey and other recreational ice skating activities for the Missoula community since 1997. We are operated by the Missoula Area Youth Hockey Association, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. We've grown from our modest beginnings in a converted cow barn into the two-sheet facility we are today.
Each year, we receive more than 150,000 visits through our in-house hockey and skating programs and the external user groups who rent our ice. We receive no government funding and generate income through our program fees, ice rentals, and the generosity of sponsors and donors.
Our facility features:
- Indoor NHL-sized rink open late August through June
- Covered outdoor NHL-sized rink open November through March
- Concession stand with warm seating area
- Skate shop with skate sharpening service and hockey and figure rental skates
- Eight locker rooms - four heated and four non-heated
Mission and Guiding Principles
Inspiring passion and celebrating ice sports for all ages and abilities.
Creating players, skaters and fans for life.